Mountain Shadows Elementary
Notice: You will always be
asked to show your photo ID
when checking out your child
during the school day.
Please plan on this before coming in.
Monday - Thursday
- AM Kinder 8:25 - 11:10 AM
- Full Day Kinder 8:25 AM - 3:05 PM
- 1st - 6th Grade 8:25 AM - 3:05 PM
- AM Kinder 8:25 - 10:25 AM
- Full Day Kinder 8:25 AM - 12:30 PM
- 1st - 6th Grade 8:25 AM - 12:30 PM
Mountain Shadows PBIS Matrix
Fall Break for students will be Monday, Oct. 23-27, 2023. There will be no school for students.
Lunch on the Lawn on Thursday, Sept. 21 (Weather Permitting)
Parents/Guardians, you are welcome to attend our Lunch on the Lawn on Thursday, September 21st. Please check your child's lunch schedule to meet them for lunch.
Full Day Kindergarten - Lunch is 10:40 am - 11:00 am. Lunch Recess is 11:00 am - 11:20 am
1st Grade - Lunch is 11:00 am - 11:20 am. Lunch Recess is 11:20 am - 11:40 am.
2nd Grade - Lunch is 11:40 am- 12:00 pm. Lunch Recess is 12:00 pm - 12:20 pm.
3rd Grade - Lunch is 12:20 pm - 12:40 pm. Lunch Recess is 12:40 pm - 1:00 pm.
4th Grade - Recess is 11:40 pm - 12:00 pm. Lunch is 12:00 pm - 12:20 pm. (Recess is first)
5th Grade - Lunch is 12:40 pm - 1:00 pm. Lunch Recess is 1:00 pm - 1:20 pm.
6th Grade - Recess is 11:00 am - 11:20 am. Lunch is 11:20 am - 11:40 am. (Recess is first)
Back to School Night
Back to School Night is Monday, Aug. 21st from 5:30pm - 7:00pm. Please go to the gym first.
2023-2024 Back to School Registration Information
Back to School Registration (July 24 - October 2, 2023)
ALL FAMILIES MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR EACH STUDENT
- To complete the registration process, login to Skyward Family Access at mountainshadows.jordandistrict.org. Click on "School Info" and scroll down to "Registration and Enrollment" and click on it.
- Log in with your PARENT login information. If you do not know your login and/or password you can call the office at (801)963-0291 beginning July 31st.
- In Skyward, select your Mountain Shadows student and click the link, "Register for the 2023-2024". This is your opportunity to verify information regarding your student. You must open and check each item, save, close, and mark complete in order to complete the registration process.
- You can also pay for child's breakfast/lunch account. The following prices are for breakfast and lunch for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Elementary Breakfast: $1.05
- Elementary Lunch: $2.00
- Adults Breakfast: $2.50
- Adults Lunch: $4.10
- Reduced Breakfast: $0.30
- Reduced Lunch: $0.40
Kindergarten KEEP Testing Information
We will be conducting Kindergarten KEEP testing during the week of August 7 - 10, 2023. The office will be reaching out to parents the week of July 31 - Aug. 3 to set up appointments.
First Day of School for Grades 1st - 6th
First day of school for students in grades 1st - 6th will be Tuesday, August 22, 2023. First bell will ring at 8:25 am. The tardy bell will ring at 8:30 am.
First Day of School for Kindergarten
First day of school for students in kindergarten will be Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
New Parking Lot Procedures for 2023 - 2024
The Utah State Board of Education may grant an educator one of the following education licenses:
- Professional Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the State established competencies to be an educator.
- Associate Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
- Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
- Educators with expired Utah licenses.
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Schools may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE:
|Mountain Shadows Elementary||Elementary||2.7%||5.4%||91.9%|
- Jordan School District Policy DP379-LEA-Specific (Jordan) Educator License Requirements
- Utah State Board of Education Utah Educator Look-up Tool
Smith's Inspiring Donations Program
Did You Know...
School Office Hours- 8:00 - 3:30
Don't forget to like our Facebook page too!